Newest Game Closest to Budokai?

TheBost

Saiyan Grunt
5
1
0
Hey all. I haven't played a DBZ game since Budokai 3 on the PS2. I've been watching Dragon Ball Super and I'm itching to be able to play as Goku Blue and Zamasu and the like. I was recently browsing the newest DBZ games looking for one that was closest to the Budokai experience. It seems that the two main options at the moment are Fighterz and Xenoverse. After researching both a bit it seems like neither of them are all that close to the Budokai system of progressing through a story mode to unlock different characters, saiyan transformations, abilities etc. Fighterz looks like you just play as Super Saiyan Vegeta for example but can't power up or down. Xenoverse seems like you create your own new Saiyan and level them up but you can't play as the characters from the show. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can fill my desires to play all the new characters from Dragon Ball Super? Is Fighterz my best bet? I'd greatly appreciate any info.
 

LividJay

The Livid One
Super Saiyan 4
1,288
1,438
105
Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 allow you to unlock and play as normal characters, as well. You play as your main character but you can switch off to the others. Unfortunately, there really is no "transformation" to SSJ Blue. You just start off as that form once you unlock the character, if I remember correctly. They haven't gotten to that part yet, but I think this will also be eventually available in DragonBall Z: Kakarot as part of a DLC.
 

TheBost

Saiyan Grunt
5
1
0
Xenoverse and Xenoverse 2 allow you to unlock and play as normal characters, as well. You play as your main character but you can switch off to the others. Unfortunately, there really is no "transformation" to SSJ Blue. You just start off as that form once you unlock the character, if I remember correctly. They haven't gotten to that part yet, but I think this will also be eventually available in DragonBall Z: Kakarot as part of a DLC.
Ok cool, thanks for the info. Maybe Xenoverse is the best bet. Honestly might just dust off the old ps2 and play budokai. Not trying to spend $100+ on DLCs and whatnot.
 

LividJay

The Livid One
Super Saiyan 4
1,288
1,438
105
Ok cool, thanks for the info. Maybe Xenoverse is the best bet. Honestly might just dust off the old ps2 and play budokai. Not trying to spend $100+ on DLCs and whatnot.
I had a lot of fun with both Xenoverse games. For me, it was refreshing that you can make your own characters with transformations and that it didn't just repeat the same ole story lines. It was different.
 

underage

Elite Saiyan Warrior
108
15
10
I feel like DBXV and DBXV2 are not the type of games where you play through the long story mode then put the game up for 6 months. For me, most of the enjoyable parts of the game lie beyond the story mode. Online raids, and Parallel Quests are honestly why Im still playing. Idk its something about working together in this game its just so damn satisfying!:coffee: Also with the wide range of characters (FREAKING 97!!!) and skills, Ill be honest dlc really isnt needed to really enjoy the game.
Ok cool, thanks for the info. Maybe Xenoverse is the best bet. Honestly might just dust off the old ps2 and play budokai. Not trying to spend $100+ on DLCs and whatnot.
I was never really tempted to buy dlc like I was with Fighterz. If were really gonna talk about dlc needed to have fun, FIghterz is a bit more of an example. Now dont get me wrong FIghterz is a freaking masterpiece but it`s really expensive. Like starting off you get like 5% of the roster, and the other 95% is completely dlc. All Im saying is retry xenoverse 2 online. Trust me you'll love it.:coffee:
 

underage

Elite Saiyan Warrior
108
15
10
Hey all. I haven't played a DBZ game since Budokai 3 on the PS2. I've been watching Dragon Ball Super and I'm itching to be able to play as Goku Blue and Zamasu and the like. I was recently browsing the newest DBZ games looking for one that was closest to the Budokai experience. It seems that the two main options at the moment are Fighterz and Xenoverse. After researching both a bit it seems like neither of them are all that close to the Budokai system of progressing through a story mode to unlock different characters, saiyan transformations, abilities etc. Fighterz looks like you just play as Super Saiyan Vegeta for example but can't power up or down. Xenoverse seems like you create your own new Saiyan and level them up but you can't play as the characters from the show. Anyone have a suggestion as to how I can fill my desires to play all the new characters from Dragon Ball Super? Is Fighterz my best bet? I'd greatly appreciate any info.
If you do want a game where you progress through the story to get characters AND transformation, I say get DBXV2.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)