News "Study" finds men aren't as attracted to super slim super models as women think

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Source: https://www.psypost.org/2020/12/wom...-thin-female-fashion-models-study-finds-58831

In news that shocks absolutely no man out there, a study has been released that shows women greatly overestimate how attractive they believe men find the slim super model female physique, with a number of men marking them as "attractive" but not to the scale that women felt men would find them to be. A group of male participants and a group of female participants were shown the same images of women, ranging in size and shape and were asked to mark them on a scale of 1 being too thin to 7 being too fat, and then on a similar scale for level of attractiveness. They were then shown the same images again and asked to mark the degree to which they felt the opposite gender would find them attractive. Results showed that men marked the super skinny physique so prominent in media and "fashion culture" (whatever that is) today to be too thin, and yet also mildly attractive. They estimated that women would find this physique to be fairly attractive. Women, on the other hand, felt the physique was also too thin, but did not find the physique as attractive, while marking that they believed men would find the physique extremely attractive.

tl;dr -- Neither men nor women are really super attracted to the super skinny profile of women that the media likes to show off, leading many young women to body dysphoria issues and feeling like they do not fit that mold.

In short -- bugger off, rail thin women, men like some meat on them bones!

(how appropriate that we live in a culture that gets offended when men like women, and yet here comes a scientific study showing men do indeed like women, and curvy ones at that...how long before this study is attacked for being sexist drivel and cancelled?)

• Agree
Reactions: LividJay

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I could have told you that. Gay men typically run the modeling world so naturally, they would prefer thin women because they are less womanly and more boyish in appearance. Just my theory on it. I think a small percentage of men do find models attractive but not for being thin, just for having longer legs and more body (lengthwise) to them.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I think this is completely obvious. Especially these days.

I don't mind overweight girls, curvy girls, athletic girls, or skinny girls. Just so long as they look healthy, and have an attractive face to boot. Super models have neither of these things, because they starve themselves to the point of looking like skeletons and having visible cheek bones.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I could have told you that. Gay men typically run the modeling world so naturally, they would prefer thin women because they are less womanly and more boyish in appearance. Just my theory on it. I think a small percentage of men do find models attractive but not for being thin, just for having longer legs and more body (lengthwise) to them.

I do find it hilarious they had to conduct a "study" to come to this conclusion. All it took was asking any man anywhere and they'd have told them, no, that's not what men are into. We like women, not 12 year old boys in dresses. I actually agree with your theory, because you're absolutely right, it's gay men that run things, and gay men obviously prefer a more male physique, which these women starve themselves to get. I'm sure there are some guys that do find them attractive, and in some respects many of them are actually attractive, but the emaciated look they strive for is super off-putting for me, and while I appreciate the boobies large and small, I do prefer women that actually, ya' know...have some (even just a little bit)...these women have starved their boobs away!

Look at this:

3768e12903fb98e21fecae189a0dae5996-05-runway-diversity.rsquare.w700.jpg

That's super off-putting and not healthy looking at all! They even look miserable, walking along the runway (I know they're supposed to keep a stern face, but look at the eyes, they're miserable!).

Compare that to this:

STYLE%20HAS%20NO%20SIZE.jpg

These women are attractive, hot, and most of all, they look happy! They run the gamut in sizes in every quantifiable department (big hips, small hips, big boobs, small boobs, chubby, slim) and yet they're all far more attractive than those models. Bring on more of that any day!

I think this is completely obvious. Especially these days.

I don't mind overweight girls, curvy girls, athletic girls, or skinny girls. Just so long as they look healthy, and have an attractive face to boot. Super models have neither of these things, because they starve themselves to the point of looking like skeletons and having visible cheek bones.

This. Don't want a woman that looks like you deprive her of food and beat her at night. You want a woman that's happy and healthy, living the life she wants to live without worrying about what the media says is the ideal, because the ideal is WAY off.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I can't remember her name but one of the Victoria's Secret models was so thin, people were sending in complaints to the company because they were worried about her. This was like maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Since then, they started using healthier looking women who weren't stick thin.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This woman:

spl262216_027_2_.jpg

She gained some weight since then but holy crap was she unhealthy.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, that is absolutely repulsive. I do hope they keep changing the industry away from this look, because it is absolutely not something that should be encouraged. She looks like a moderate gust would blow her over, and if you gave her a hug she might get crushed. The "then" picture looks far better, though is still a bit on the thin side. I also don't like how the media idolizes the rail thin women as a 'norm,' for every girl, it's no wonder so many end up self-conscious about their bodies. Media needs to outline that you're absolutely fine with what you have, no matter what it is, and there is no "ideal" for people. What works for one will not work for all, and these women, these emaciated husks of what used to be beautiful women, are not something you should compare yourself to.

I hate that some girls can be absolutely amazing looking and think they're ugly hulking masses that nobody will find attractive. That's such a shame because women are beautiful in all shapes and sizes, it's irritating that a few magazine articles, tv shows or movies can make a young girl feel that way, when any number of real people around her could tell her she was beautiful and what she's looking at is not.

Reactions: Beerus

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Fatties for the win! Also, this is just a cycle give it some time and Skinny will be new thing in a couple of years so.
I hate that you're right about this, but...you're right about this. Not in my case, though, I've always liked what I like...which is female and curvy...

Sadly, trends like this change every 10 or so years. In the '90s it was big boobs on stick figures.
It's sad people are such slaves to the media. This so-called "woke" generation is supposed to be immune to that, aren't they? Funny how they fall for it the same way every other generation has.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, that is absolutely repulsive. I do hope they keep changing the industry away from this look, because it is absolutely not something that should be encouraged. She looks like a moderate gust would blow her over, and if you gave her a hug she might get crushed. The "then" picture looks far better, though is still a bit on the thin side. I also don't like how the media idolizes the rail thin women as a 'norm,' for every girl, it's no wonder so many end up self-conscious about their bodies. Media needs to outline that you're absolutely fine with what you have, no matter what it is, and there is no "ideal" for people. What works for one will not work for all, and these women, these emaciated husks of what used to be beautiful women, are not something you should compare yourself to.

I hate that some girls can be absolutely amazing looking and think they're ugly hulking masses that nobody will find attractive. That's such a shame because women are beautiful in all shapes and sizes, it's irritating that a few magazine articles, tv shows or movies can make a young girl feel that way, when any number of real people around her could tell her she was beautiful and what she's looking at is not.

At my smallest, I thought I was obese. Looking back now, I can confirm I was a dumbass. :haha:

Yeah, it is sad that girls and women go through this. I still do and it sucks but I am a lot better about it now and don't let it bring me down as much.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
At my smallest, I thought I was obese. Looking back now, I can confirm I was a dumbass. :haha:

Yeah, it is sad that girls and women go through this. I still do and it sucks but I am a lot better about it now and don't let it bring me down as much.
That's good that you don't let it affect you as much now, because what is perpetuated as attractive is mostly just plain wrong. People aren't meant to be stick figures, and I hope more friends and family around women and girls who feel self-conscious speak up and tell them how beautiful they are before they think about doing something silly, because they absolutely are beautiful. I used to joke with my female friends, if they're ever feeling down, just shoot me a pic or two and I'll write them pages of drooling, envious compliments to boost them back up. Sadly, none ever took me up on that :D

Punkhead

High Speed God
Super Saiyan God
Sadly, trends like this change every 10 or so years. In the '90s it was big boobs on stick figures.
Mean, even in history it changes. I mean, Romans and Greek like T H I C C women, but years later they were like nah fuck that.
I hate that you're right about this, but...you're right about this. Not in my case, though, I've always liked what I like...which is female and curvy...
Because I understand History and patterns a lot more than I lead on, but again not everyone will follow suite. Even with thiccness being everywhere and such there are still people who are like "Nah, chief I don't vibe with that." Because it in the end everything is subjective.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Agreed, we humans really are pathetic when it comes to vanity.

80s: Hey honey, remember how I was super attracted to you because you were just free and easy going? Yeah, well now I want you to start working out too much in brightly coloured spandex leotards with leggings underneath.

90s: Hey honey, remember how I made you start working out all the time with those leotards and leggings, and get your hair all puffed up? Yeah, well now I want you get a boob job and run on the beach in slow motion.

00s: Hey honey, remember how I got you to get a boob job? I don't like that anymore, fix it. Also start speaking in valley girl uptalk all the time.

10s: Hey honey, remember how I told you loose the airbags and start talking like a ditzy spoiled brat? Knock that off, start being woke.

20s: Hey honey, remember how I wanted you to be woke and progressive and be you? Yeah, I don't like that anymore, be a bimbo, instead.

30s: Hey honey, remember how I wanted you to be a bimbo again? We're moving onto mega bimbos now, I've booked you in to get hot air balloons implanted.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Seems like body preference is boiled down to fashion. I say screw that and wear what you feel comfortable in and what looks good on your body.

• Agree

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
<-- Completely fashion retarded. I've always gone my own way on fashion. You're right, though, so many people are swayed by what they're told looks good, it's very sad and very scary knowing it's that easy to incluence mass perception.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
<-- Completely fashion retarded. I've always gone my own way on fashion. You're right, though, so many people are swayed by what they're told looks good, it's very sad and very scary knowing it's that easy to incluence mass perception.
Sheeple gonna sheep I spose. So many so desperate to fit in and be liked. I just want to be me and hopefully not offend a lot of people. lol

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer: