News The George Floyd Minneapolis Riot

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I personally take issue with Pelosi giving his brother a burial flag. In one single action, she just slapped every living and buried veteran in the face and essentially told them that this honored symbol that should be earned through commitment and self-sacrifice to our country is truly meaningless. He's not a martyr, he's a victim. Let's get our facts straight.
That happened? Yikes. What a bitch.

Reactions: India Actual

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
The man lost his life unfairly but she pretty much just spit on my dead grandfather's grave. Seriously, f this old hag. He served for this country and risked his life, ended up with longterm health issues he had to live with until the day he died not remembering anyone in our family. He didn't even know who he was. He fought so people today can have freedom. I don't like this woman. She doesn't deserve to be in a position of power. She is weak and manipulative.

• Agree
Reactions: India Actual

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Wow, had no idea about the flag, that's not what you do. That's reserved for fallen veterans and servicemen. Even if he were a proverbial saint and had a crystal clean record before this incident, unless he had served in some service, he doesn't deserve the flag.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Remember that incident on May 30th where the gentleman pulling security for a news team in Seattle stripped that rifle off a rioter (most likely Antifa) after he stole it from a police cruiser? Here's the story

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I wanted to update this.

George's girlfriend spoke on trial. Admitted they had a dealer for Fentanyl. The reason being that they were both prescribed it as a pain medication and became addicted to it. This happens more than it should to people by careless doctors who overprescribe powerful pain medication. The body adapts to it and when you stop taking it, it panics. I guess they were crushing the pills and snorting them which just makes them more addictive. They had been meeting their dealer that day, the day the police were called about the counterfeit money. It is believed, based on the dosage found in his body, he had taken all the medication he bought off the dealer in an effort to hide it, not thinking about overdosing. Leading up to his death, it was stated that the cops had called the ambulance and they got lost when trying to arrive at the scene. George was complaining that he couldn't breathe prior to even reaching the cop car which implies he was having a panic attack. He had requested not to be put in the cop car so their only option, according to their training, was to keep him on the ground. To me, this was not an act of racism or police brutality at all... It was a case of a scared addict making a bad choice and poor police training.

When it comes to something like this, I don't think cops are trained on what to do. They didn't want to hurt the man by forcing him in the cop car, you can see this in the full video. They are trying to be as gentle as possible. None of these cops wanted him to die. None of them thought he would die. I don't think they had any idea he was on drugs at the time to the extent that he was nor that he was having a panic attack. They knew something was wrong which is why they called for the ambulance. I feel like forcing him in the back of the cop car would have been better than facing him down on the ground because an overdose can cause a person to drown on their own vomit. If they know someone is on drugs, there should be some kind of training on how to handle this because if someone has overdosed, having them sit up to delay circulation is always better than laying them down. Even if he was put in the car and died in the car though, the cops would have still been blamed because this is the narrative the media wanted to push.

Long story short... The man lost his life due to a drug overdose, not police brutality but had this situation been handled better (the ambulance arriving on time for example) he might have lived but no one will ever know at this point. I feel like in this circumstance, it isn't down to one cop being to blame for this but several factors.... Outdated police training, the dealer giving him possible mixed (cocktail) drugs that are lower grade which is a higher risk of death, and the ambulance not being able to get to them for whatever reason. No one person is to blame for what happened but a string of events. It is unfortunate that it happened but all these riots and this longwinded hate, destruction, and racism in Floyd's name have been based on a lie. It was not a white cop who wrongly killed a black man... It was an addicted man who panicked, overdosed, and died at the scene. This kind of medication goes through the system faster when your heart rate is elevated so him having a panic attack over the thought of going back to prison sped up the process in his body, ultimately leading to his death.

The knee on the neck, while it was a bit excessive to do it for 8 minutes (I think it was) was down to Floyd wanting to wait outside the cop car and the cops following their training. His full weight was not on Floyd but balanced between both legs and he didn't appear to be forcing his knee into his neck with hard pressure. When you hold someone's neck down (from my understanding), they have trouble moving in any direction which is why it is used by police and military when detaining someone. It is the safest way to keep someone in place without the risk of breaking any bones or inflicted any injury. Kind of like scruffing a cat. It can be risky if done with force or bad weight placement though which is why I consider it to be outdated. It was not intended to kill the man and clearly was not the cause of his death. Having him lay facedown was not a good idea, however, because he had taken so much medication and should have been held upright but the cops had no idea how much he took (much less what he took) and would have no way of knowing until a doctor was able to look at him.

Acting like this entire event was an act against black people is childish and foolish. The media spinning it this way is to blame for the riots becoming what they were and they should be paying to fix the cities that were damaged because of it. This is not to say it never happens (cops mistreating black people) but, in this case, it was not an issue of race at all. I feel like this was an orchestrated event. This man's death was used to incite violence among people and it worked. At least that is my take on it. I feel bad for the loved ones of Floyd who lost someone close to them but I also feel bad for the cops involved for being blamed for everything when most of it was already out of their hands the second they approached Floyd's car. The fact that this all happened over a fake $20 bill though... That is just terrible.

Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I wanted to update this.

George's girlfriend spoke on trial. Admitted they had a dealer for Fentanyl. The reason being that they were both prescribed it as a pain medication and became addicted to it. This happens more than it should to people by careless doctors who overprescribe powerful pain medication. The body adapts to it and when you stop taking it, it panics. I guess they were crushing the pills and snorting them which just makes them more addictive. They had been meeting their dealer that day, the day the police were called about the counterfeit money. It is believed, based on the dosage found in his body, he had taken all the medication he bought off the dealer in an effort to hide it, not thinking about overdosing. Leading up to his death, it was stated that the cops had called the ambulance and they got lost when trying to arrive at the scene. George was complaining that he couldn't breathe prior to even reaching the cop car which implies he was having a panic attack. He had requested not to be put in the cop car so their only option, according to their training, was to keep him on the ground. To me, this was not an act of racism or police brutality at all... It was a case of a scared addict making a bad choice and poor police training.

When it comes to something like this, I don't think cops are trained on what to do. They didn't want to hurt the man by forcing him in the cop car, you can see this in the full video. They are trying to be as gentle as possible. None of these cops wanted him to die. None of them thought he would die. I don't think they had any idea he was on drugs at the time to the extent that he was nor that he was having a panic attack. They knew something was wrong which is why they called for the ambulance. I feel like forcing him in the back of the cop car would have been better than facing him down on the ground because an overdose can cause a person to drown on their own vomit. If they know someone is on drugs, there should be some kind of training on how to handle this because if someone has overdosed, having them sit up to delay circulation is always better than laying them down. Even if he was put in the car and died in the car though, the cops would have still been blamed because this is the narrative the media wanted to push.

Long story short... The man lost his life due to a drug overdose, not police brutality but had this situation been handled better (the ambulance arriving on time for example) he might have lived but no one will ever know at this point. I feel like in this circumstance, it isn't down to one cop being to blame for this but several factors.... Outdated police training, the dealer giving him possible mixed (cocktail) drugs that are lower grade which is a higher risk of death, and the ambulance not being able to get to them for whatever reason. No one person is to blame for what happened but a string of events. It is unfortunate that it happened but all these riots and this longwinded hate, destruction, and racism in Floyd's name have been based on a lie. It was not a white cop who wrongly killed a black man... It was an addicted man who panicked, overdosed, and died at the scene. This kind of medication goes through the system faster when your heart rate is elevated so him having a panic attack over the thought of going back to prison sped up the process in his body, ultimately leading to his death.

The knee on the neck, while it was a bit excessive to do it for 8 minutes (I think it was) was down to Floyd wanting to wait outside the cop car and the cops following their training. His full weight was not on Floyd but balanced between both legs and he didn't appear to be forcing his knee into his neck with hard pressure. When you hold someone's neck down (from my understanding), they have trouble moving in any direction which is why it is used by police and military when detaining someone. It is the safest way to keep someone in place without the risk of breaking any bones or inflicted any injury. Kind of like scruffing a cat. It can be risky if done with force or bad weight placement though which is why I consider it to be outdated. It was not intended to kill the man and clearly was not the cause of his death. Having him lay facedown was not a good idea, however, because he had taken so much medication and should have been held upright but the cops had no idea how much he took (much less what he took) and would have no way of knowing until a doctor was able to look at him.

Acting like this entire event was an act against black people is childish and foolish. The media spinning it this way is to blame for the riots becoming what they were and they should be paying to fix the cities that were damaged because of it. This is not to say it never happens (cops mistreating black people) but, in this case, it was not an issue of race at all. I feel like this was an orchestrated event. This man's death was used to incite violence among people and it worked. At least that is my take on it. I feel bad for the loved ones of Floyd who lost someone close to them but I also feel bad for the cops involved for being blamed for everything when most of it was already out of their hands the second they approached Floyd's car. The fact that this all happened over a fake $20 bill though... That is just terrible.
But...but...police brutality! Rodney King!

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
But...but...police brutality! Rodney King!
If this was a legit racist act, then I would be pretty pissed myself but race was not a factor and never was. People turning this into an act of racism are despite to find racism in everything. It takes away from real acts of racism and calling everyone and everything racist devalues the value of the word in and of itself. If anything, these people are creating more racism, not fighting it. But what do I know, I am a cat.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
If this was a legit racist act, then I would be pretty pissed myself but race was not a factor and never was. People turning this into an act of racism are despite to find racism in everything. It takes away from real acts of racism and calling everyone and everything racist devalues the value of the word in and of itself. If anything, these people are creating more racism, not fighting it. But what do I know, I am a cat.
I wouldn't mind the life of a cat in this day and age!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I wouldn't mind the life of a cat in this day and age!

giphy.gif

• Funny
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky: