News The George Floyd Minneapolis Riot

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I only just heard about what was happening cause I been avoiding news. What happened to George Floyde was disgraceful and disgusting and that cop should be fully charged with murder. The cops who were part of it and did nothing to stop him should be charged with something as well for allowing another cop to do such a thing. I am not denying justice needs to come into play here. The way the media is handling it, from what I have seen, is not helping either... They seem to just be encouraging the violence but what else is new?

Not only were several buildings destroyed, but inocent people could also have (or may have) been hurt in the process. Not to mention how many jobs will be lost because businesses are just closing and leaving or just not going to bother with repairs. The damage done will leave this area destroyed and deep in poverty. This is a mess and this kind of reaction solves nothing. Not all cops are racist and not all cops abuse their power but in the minds of these rioters that is not the case and they all must pay. This is sickening. Did these people even consider the mess they made for those around them? How hard life is going to be for them now because they caused all this damage and put a strain on the city? I heard that it will take up to 30 years to fix and rebuild all the damage because money is already tight thanks to the virus crap happening.

Anyone involved with the burning of the police station needs to be locked up. Anyone involved with damaging public property or buildings needs to be charged. Letting people run around like wild animals and destroy an entire city and not doing enough to stop it will only cause it to spread more. Racism isn't okay but countering racism with violence only creates MORE RACISM. Is that what these people want??

I am all for protesting and voicing your opinion but the second you turn violent or destructive, you become a criminal and if you happen to have black skin, you prove the racists right in their opinions and/or fears. This world has enough violence, pain, struggle, and hate... Anyone who supports this riot or is involved in it has no concept of how damaging this is to other people's lives. It isn't an act of bravery. It is an act of cowardice. It is a double edge sword that is only going to make things worse, not better.

Violence and destruction is often an act of selfishness and pride, both of which destroy everything around them.

I hope those who weren't involved in this riot get the support and help they need and George's family heals from their loss in time. The city is taking a huge financial hit and life is going to get a whole hell of a lot worse for a lot of people, especially those already struggling. People should never encourage this behavior, this kind of violence harms so many people in direct and indirect ways. Don't add to the flames, even online. It goes without saying, don't let the actions of some define the morals of many. If anyone is in that area or has family in that area, I hope they are safe.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'm with you on this, the rioting is disgraceful and does nothing to help what happened with George Floyd. It's counteractive and only shows how self-serving some of the people involved are, as they're taking advantage of escalated tensions to spread fear and destruction. It's pointless, it's going to accomplish nothing, and while I'm fully in support of the actual protesting, I hope those involved in the riots are brought to answer for what they've done.

Having said that, there is no excuse for this, either:

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'm with you on this, the rioting is disgraceful and does nothing to help what happened with George Floyd. It's counteractive and only shows how self-serving some of the people involved are, as they're taking advantage of escalated tensions to spread fear and destruction. It's pointless, it's going to accomplish nothing, and while I'm fully in support of the actual protesting, I hope those involved in the riots are brought to answer for what they've done.

Having said that, there is no excuse for this, either:

Yeah I heard about that. Why would you arrest someone for doing their job? I am not a fan of how MSM handles things but they have a right to be there reporting.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I have a whole lot on my chest about this situation, but I'll keep it brief. The officer that knelt on him is wrong and should be held culpable for his death. It's going to be a stretch to hold the other three accountable as accessories because you have to prove intent. Everybody was fired right off the bat because what they can prove is they violated policy. People aren't going to like it but they need to suck it up.

All the riots are doing is muting the message and people don't seem to understand that. It makes the gov't especially turn a blind eye to what you're saying when you're threatening them with violence. It frankly pisses them off to have a lack of control and if you refuse to cede that control you took away from them then they're going to come in guns a blazin'. The riots need to stop, like now. People don't realize that by destroying businesses whether they're family owned or corporations, you just took someone's job from them. No one is thinking about the single mom who works at Target who has rent due on the first and isn't going to get a pay check now because you burned down her store. Way to think of your own community.

People don't realize that they stormed and burned down a police precinct. I watched people literally laud this on social media for hours with comments like, "Look! They did it without guns!" and "This is a game changer!" To what? The Purge? You want to live in a society without rule of law? You literally have no idea what you're calling for when crave such wanton destruction because after they destroy all the corporate businesses, government buildings, and police stations where do you think they're going next? Neighborhoods. Your house. I say best of luck to you if you want to live like that.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It amazes me how many people are being sympathetic to these rioters and looters. They are criminals now because they chose to act this way, they made the choice to act out in violence and destruction. George's death now has become riot coverage and people arguing white this black that. The cop has no business being on the force with a record like that. He is a disgusting human being but acting like this kind of behavior is acceptable or justifiable is not only moronic, it is dangerous. There are people out there mourning the losses of their jobs, businesses, property... Some won't have anything left and this is okay? Hurting innocent people over one man's disgusting act? How is this justice? I saw a story of a man who lost everything he had because these rioters destroyed his business, the one he sunk his life savings into. The man is black as well. They made it so much about race they are hurting their own people in the process. Way to help your community out and uplift other people. Like I said, acting this way will only create more racism and more discrimination. Why can't people see that?

I keep seeing people misquoting MLK as well. He was a man of love and peace and they are using his words to justify the destruction of this city. What the hell is wrong with people??

I gotta go back to ignoring the outside world. It is getting under my skin too much. I truly do feel sorry for the business owners out there and those who have had their property damaged because of these assholes. It will take years to recover from this and will push many families into poverty. Job well done... ffs

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Look, I'm a far right conservative in most areas... but when I put myself in the shoes of the average black person, it can't not move me a little.

I've always held this belief that there's not as much racism as they think there is... but over the last couple of years, I've become less and less secure about that.

Not only that, but the "Blue Line" thing is a problem for everyone. Cops almost NEVER hold each other accountable for anything and it's becoming a problem.

This is a straw to break the camels back thing to me.

It's become painfully clear that our police standards and processes for vetting and psychological evaluation need to changed.

That cop has an extensive history of discrimination. He never should have gotten the job, let alone keep it after multiple offenses.

Cops around the country can condemn him all they want, but tooting their horn to morally posture means NOTHING if they don't ACTUALLY do something about it.

As the cliche goes
"Apology without changed behavior is manipulation."

I'm not justifying riots & looting & whatnot, but that kind of change is long overdue and this is what you get when those who feel oppressed feel like they weren't heard.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Look, I'm a far right conservative in most areas... but when I put myself in the shoes of the average black person, it can't not move me a little.

I've always held this belief that there's not as much racism as they think there is... but over the last couple of years, I've become less and less secure about that.

Not only that, but the "Blue Line" thing is a problem for everyone. Cops almost NEVER hold each other accountable for anything and it's becoming a problem.

It's become painfully clear that our police standards and processes for vetting and psychological evaluation need to changed.

That cop has an extensive history of discrimination. He never should have gotten the job, let alone keep it after multiple offenses.

Cops around the country can condemn him all they want, but tooting their horn to morally posture means NOTHING if they don't ACTUALLY do something about it.

As the cliche goes

I'm not justifying riots & looting & whatnot, but that kind of change is long overdue and this is what you get when those who feel oppressed feel like they weren't heard.
Even if there are only like 5% of cops who are actively racist, it is a problem because they are in a position of power and I know some cops will stick together because of the badge but they should be willing, for the safety of the general public, to out someone to the head of their police station if they are acting in a racist manner. While not all cases like this (where a cop kills a black man) have been about race, enough of them have been to show an issue. This man was clearly not armed and not a threat, especially given that there were what, 3 other cops present? Something has to be done about this.

The reaction from the general public in that area has been bad though and it is only going to fuel more racism. The man lost his life and that should be the main focus here, not people destroying their own home to get a message across. I get being angry, they have every right to be, everyone should look down on the actions of this cop and the ones who did nothing to stop him but reacting through violence will never solve anything.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Even if there are only like 5% of cops who are actively racist, it is a problem because they are in a position of power and I know some cops will stick together because of the badge but they should be willing, for the safety of the general public, to out someone to the head of their police station if they are acting in a racist manner. While not all cases like this (where a cop kills a black man) have been about race, enough of them have been to show an issue. This man was clearly not armed and not a threat, especially given that there were what, 3 other cops present? Something has to be done about this.

The reaction from the general public in that area has been bad though and it is only going to fuel more racism. The man lost his life and that should be the main focus here, not people destroying their own home to get a message across. I get being angry, they have every right to be, everyone should look down on the actions of this cop and the ones who did nothing to stop him but reacting through violence will never solve anything.

I mean, to play Devil's Advocate here, the American Revolution started out very violent.

There's a certain threshold society reaches when the status quo doesn't move enough and violence becomes the means.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I mean, to play Devil's Advocate here, the American Revolution started out very violent.

There's a certain threshold society reaches when the status quo doesn't move enough and violence becomes the means.
Rights are one thing but getting violent over one man and destroying the home you live in does nothing but make life harder for everyone around you. Violence has made changes in the past but we aren't living in the past anymore.

They aren't blaming the right people though. This one cop isn't the root of the problem, it is the government keeping the black communities stuck in poverty and doing very little to help get them out. They just do handouts and they get stuck living in crappy places hardly making ends meet. What is that old saying, give a man a fish and he eats for a day but teach him how to fish and he is fed for life? I just don't think the right issues are getting addressed and I would be shocked if they are in the near future.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
Rights are one thing but getting violent over one man and destroying the home you live in does nothing but make life harder for everyone around you. Violence has made changes in the past but we aren't living in the past anymore.

They aren't blaming the right people though. This one cop isn't the root of the problem, it is the government keeping the black communities stuck in poverty and doing very little to help get them out. They just do handouts and they get stuck living in crappy places hardly making ends meet. What is that old saying, give a man a fish and he eats for a day but teach him how to fish and he is fed for life? I just don't think the right issues are getting addressed and I would be shocked if they are in the near future.

And I agree... but when you put yourself in their shoes, it's a lot harder to look at it that way.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
And I agree... but when you put yourself in their shoes, it's a lot harder to look at it that way.
Oh I know, I am not in the position to even know where to start or how to fix the issues but plenty of people have had opportunities and done very little. The best we can do is focus on our local communities and helping each other out but not many people are willing to work together, which is a shame.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue

As the cliche goes

I take your Blue line remark as slightly offensive. Unless you wear a badge or walk a mile in my shoes you can never understand why the "Blue Line" exists. Not only is it a source of internal pride amongst law enforcement to create comradery, but the blue line exists because no one else cares when how we live or die. In an ideal world we would have a perfectly orderly society that didn't require law enforcement slapping criminal codes on people. We all know it's not. I'm not here to make excuses but to help others try and understand. The blue line isn't a secret society codex we live by where we let each other off the hook for the most evil of deeds perpetuated by mankind. Sure we give each other professional courtesy when it comes to bullshit fines and other things like that, but I can personally attest that LEOs have some of the highest rates of DUI by profession in the country. We drink a lot but we also hold each other very accountable for anything that can harm innocent people.

My community is grieving right now that we have to suffer from what that ex-officer did. I will have to suffer the consequences of his actions for many years. I will lose good people who stand behind that Blue Line because of the criminal actions of one man who did not deserve to wear a badge. Anything so heinous as to what happened to Mr. Floyd needs to be punished and it will within the rule of law. People need to understand that we're husbands, fathers, mothers, wives, brothers, and sisters and we bleed and cry. Both will be happening for a long time after you have all forgotten George Floyd's name.

Blockinlick

Ultra Pinkstink
Super Saiyan 2
I take your Blue line remark as slightly offensive. Unless you wear a badge or walk a mile in my shoes you can never understand why the "Blue Line" exists. Not only is it a source of internal pride amongst law enforcement to create comradery, but the blue line exists because no one else cares when how we live or die. In an ideal world we would have a perfectly orderly society that didn't require law enforcement slapping criminal codes on people. We all know it's not. I'm not here to make excuses but to help others try and understand. The blue line isn't a secret society codex we live by where we let each other off the hook for the most evil of deeds perpetuated by mankind. Sure we give each other professional courtesy when it comes to bullshit fines and other things like that, but I can personally attest that LEOs have some of the highest rates of DUI by profession in the country. We drink a lot but we also hold each other very accountable for anything that can harm innocent people.

My community is grieving right now that we have to suffer from what that ex-officer did. I will have to suffer the consequences of his actions for many years. I will lose good people who stand behind that Blue Line because of the criminal actions of one man who did not deserve to wear a badge. Anything so heinous as to what happened to Mr. Floyd needs to be punished and it will within the rule of law. People need to understand that we're husbands, fathers, mothers, wives, brothers, and sisters and we bleed and cry. Both will be happening for a long time after you have all forgotten George Floyd's name.

I looked up that term "Blue Line" and it seems I misinterpreted the context clues on that one.

I interpreted it (Wrongly) as a line that represents this idea that cops, due to camaraderie, wont hold each other accountable, therefore making themselves above the law.

As it turns out "Blue Line" means something else.

I still stand by the points I made, however. In order to keep things civil, I'm not going to engage anymore than necessary on this subject from this point.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I looked up that term "Blue Line" and it seems I misinterpreted the context clues on that one.

I interpreted it (Wrongly) as a line that represents this idea that cops, due to camaraderie, wont hold each other accountable, therefore making themselves above the law.

As it turns out "Blue Line" means something else.

I still stand by the points I made, however. In order to keep things civil, I'm not going to engage anymore than necessary on this subject from this point.
You're entitled to your opinion. Remember your words when they start assassinating police officers like they did after Ferguson. I'll make sure to condemn it and morally posture for you.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I saw cops around here getting targeted after that. This is how the outrage mob mind works. Since one cop did wrong, they all did wrong. It is no different than racism. People who are racist tend to blame the entire race for the actions of few. The cop should have never been wearing the badge with a record like that and that is down to their precinct and those who are in charge. To punish all of them and risk killing them by lighting the building on fire is animalistic and barbaric. If cops get targeted across the US again and nothing is done about it, the problem is only going to get worse. The best way to ensure racism stays alive is to fuel it and they are doing just that.

When I look at the incident, I see a cop who had a record and should not have been in duty. I blame those in charge for allowing him to wear a badge knowing he has a past with anger issues and brutality. But I also blame him as an individual for thinking this behavior is acceptable. The second his hate turned to action is the timeframe in which Geroge was killed. Anytime hate becomes action, it destroys everything in its path. Those rioters are no different from that cop. Of course, it will never be viewed this way by them or anyone who supports them.

I already know cops will be targeted in other areas because of this, it happens every time a cop kills an unarmed black man and the video footage gets leaked. It doesn't matter if there was racist motive or not, it is labeled as racism and urban communities lose their shit.

Everything happening right now is just going to cause people who already hate blacks to hate them more and those who hate cops to hate them more. It is only creating more divide, more issues with trusting authority and leading more families into poverty. Many will suffer for years because of this riot and people involved and those online who support it don't seem to give a crap.

• Agree
Reactions: India Actual

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
He died of positional asphyxiation from being prone in a restrained position for too long. It's why after you handcuff someone you at least roll them on to their side in a recovery position unless they pose a threat like still being combative. Your body can give out on your from all your weight pressing on your diaphragm and internal organs. Don't get me wrong, just because the autopsy shows he didn't suffocate via strangulation that the ex-officer isn't culpable in his death. He is most certainly a contributing factor to what occurred. Makes a lot more sense why they went with 3rd degree murder and a secondary charge of manslaughter. They had this information before we did.

• Informative
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: