News The latest "wildfires" in California was down to...

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Give a guess before you see what caused it.

A gender reveal party sparked a wildfire in San Bernardino County, Calif. that burned through more than 7,000 acres as of Monday morning, officials said. Evacuation orders are in place in nearby residential areas.

The El Dorado Fire, which has grown rapidly, was “caused by a smoke generating pyrotechnic device, used during a gender reveal” and began just before 10:30 a.m. Saturday, the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) said in a statement issued on Sunday. The fire started in the El Dorado Ranch Park in Yucaipa and has since grown northwards to Yucaipa Ridge, according to the statement.

As of Monday morning, the fire has spread across 7,386 acres and is 7% contained, a spokesperson with Cal Fire tells TIME. No injuries have currently been reported. More than 500 personnel and four helicopters have been battling the blaze since it first began.

SOURCE

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Yeah, I read about this Yesterday, people need to stop having gender reveal parties, they're a ridiculous trend that needs to just bugger off. Now with this, hopefully it will.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, I read about this Yesterday, people need to stop having gender reveal parties, they're a ridiculous trend that needs to just bugger off. Now with this, hopefully it will.
I mean it is fine if you want to have a small gathering with close family and use normal things but it has become something people just do to get attention online which is pathetic.

• Agree
Reactions: Super Kami Guru

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
Gender reveals are the new ice bucket challenge. People do it because everyone else is doing it and the actual point of it has long since been lost. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the couples weren't even having a kid...it's as bad as that hiding behind a blanket and running into a wall to make your dog laugh 'trick' that was going around...seen it already, don't need to see 400 other people doing the exact same thing...

/grumpy old man hates new fads

• Funny
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Gender reveals are the new ice bucket challenge. People do it because everyone else is doing it and the actual point of it has long since been lost. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the couples weren't even having a kid...it's as bad as that hiding behind a blanket and running into a wall to make your dog laugh 'trick' that was going around...seen it already, don't need to see 400 other people doing the exact same thing...

/grumpy old man hates new fads
I always thought it was like something people do if they want to be suprised with friends and family. I didn't realize it became such a social media trend.

I am on the weird side of the fence where under the right circumstances, I think these are fine. Like marriage but not going into debt over a wedding. Having a small, intimate wedding. Then the whole baby shower thing. I can understand those because they help the mommy to be out with a lot of things but to make it a huge thing and demand gifts is just wrong.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Stop setting off massive amounts of tannerite where dry brush exists. Especially in CA that has been in a decades long drought. Idiots.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I always thought it was like something people do if they want to be suprised with friends and family. I didn't realize it became such a social media trend.

I am on the weird side of the fence where under the right circumstances, I think these are fine. Like marriage but not going into debt over a wedding. Having a small, intimate wedding. Then the whole baby shower thing. I can understand those because they help the mommy to be out with a lot of things but to make it a huge thing and demand gifts is just wrong.
Agreed, if it's a small thing for family, I'm perfectly fine with that (and also totally agree on small weddings and baby showers, those huge ones are just over the top showing off nonsense), but keep in small and simple, don't go over the top blowing crap up because you want to be special. Especially in a state like CA (or here in AZ) where wildfires happen frequently! I mean...do quote the California Valley Girls: ...like...duh....

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
On a positive note, wildfires are supposedly good for forests in terms of growth and replenishment.
Yeah in areas where they do happen naturally, it is a natural process but causing them to happen by human hands is not a good idea.

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
Gender reveal party, like what the actual fuck. The baby is most likely going to be either a boy or a girl so what. It's not like it can be an apache helicopter. What's next, "the baby is going to be a homo sapiens, YAY PARTY"

And yeah doing pyrotechnics idiotically is idiotic and the idiots should pay for this. And force them to plant trees every week for the rest of their lives.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Super Kami Guru
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking: