General Politics Thread

Giga Hertz

The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair
Super Saiyan God
The best part is all of these decisions are always racist and sexist, even though they're being carefully written and explained by people who they should be praising for their accomplishments because of their immutable characteristics.

Reactions: Beerus

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
This is my freaking state government.

1689059112170.png

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This is my freaking state government.

View attachment 6587

I hope the tides are turning.

I just found out an Ohio school district spent over 24k training teachers to not address children as boys or girls, teach them being white/thin/etc. is a privilege, and to hide things from the parents. I am so sick of it.

When people pray on children, manipulate them, abuse them... It makes my skin crawl.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
I hope the tides are turning.

I just found out an Ohio school district spent over 24k training teachers to not address children as boys or girls, teach them being white/thin/etc. is a privilege, and to hide things from the parents. I am so sick of it.

When people pray on children, manipulate them, abuse them... It makes my skin crawl.
Hold my state's beer, this is in our version of California

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
This is like telling a public school student they need to wear a cross. Is it not?

What is wrong with these people? I am glad parents are fighting back finally.
School uniforms are mandatory in Australia (I don't know any schools that don't have one). This one is also public.

• Informative

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
It still amuses me to no-end that the "you just want women to be incubators" crowd is... just wanting women to be incubators...

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
School uniforms are mandatory in Australia (I don't know any schools that don't have one). This one is also public.
Oh, that I did not know. Public schools here don't have them for the most part. But still, if you are in a public school it shouldn't have anything on it pertaining to anything other than the school name.

Reactions: Giga Hertz

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Oh, that I did not know. Public schools here don't have them for the most part. But still, if you are in a public school it shouldn't have anything on it pertaining to anything other than the school name.
Yeah, pretty much. Here it's basically a set dress-code of specific colours/clothes/hats; don't necessarily have the school emblem on them (though maybe the high school recently made that a requirement) and if you've represented sport you can wear jackets/hats you got from that (the high school doesn't have a mandated hat-type, but the other schools do, and it's all pretty much the same broad-brimmed hat, but in the school's colour)

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It still amuses me to no-end that the "you just want women to be incubators" crowd is... just wanting women to be incubators...
freaking Bee always makes me laugh lol

Yeah, there is a use and purpose for this but it is used by a lot of rich people and the woman carrying often gets mistreated. It is disgusting. More and more woman are becoming opposed to it. I still remember that video of those gay men treating it like they were going to be redecorating a bedroom. The thought of designer babies become the norm is scary.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Yeah, pretty much. Here it's basically a set dress-code of specific colours/clothes/hats; don't necessarily have the school emblem on them (though maybe the high school recently made that a requirement) and if you've represented sport you can wear jackets/hats you got from that (the high school doesn't have a mandated hat-type, but the other schools do, and it's all pretty much the same broad-brimmed hat, but in the school's colour)
I am just fed up with this crap and this cult at this point. They need to leave kids the phuck alone.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Yeah, there is a use and purpose for this but it is used by a lot of rich people and the woman carrying often gets mistreated. It is disgusting. More and more woman are becoming opposed to it. I still remember that video of those gay men treating it like they were going to be redecorating a bedroom. The thought of designer babies become the norm is scary.
I'm pretty anti-surrogacy, and don't really like IVF either - one of our babies at church is IVF, but it is hanging over the parents that there are fertilised embryos they have to do something with.

My ex-wife's brother got married... to a dude. And earlier this year they announced they were looking for surrogates. While I, a million times, would encourage it over any single abortion, it's just... unnatural. Like adopt a kid, foster, whatever. Just... don't.

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'm pretty anti-surrogacy, and don't really like IVF either - one of our babies at church is IVF, but it is hanging over the parents that there are fertilised embryos they have to do something with.

My ex-wife's brother got married... to a dude. And earlier this year they announced they were looking for surrogates. While I, a million times, would encourage it over any single abortion, it's just... unnatural. Like adopt a kid, foster, whatever. Just... don't.
Well yeah, adoption should be the route people take but sadly, it is insanely expensive and many people get put on waiting lists for years. So if someone has money, they turn to this instead.

It almost feels like breeding dogs or something. I am not entirely apposed to it but I don't 100% agree with it either.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Well yeah, adoption should be the route people take but sadly, it is insanely expensive and many people get put on waiting lists for years. So if someone has money, they turn to this instead.

It almost feels like breeding dogs or something. I am not entirely apposed to it but I don't 100% agree with it either.
I have a friend whose wife can't have children due to cancer. They ended up adopting two sisters.

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
Oh, and forgot to add... it did take several years and also, the biological mother tried fighting it in court, but they won, thankfully. Better off for those children.
Yeah, it's pretty crazy messy sometimes. My ex's uncle's family is bi-racial and they ended up fostering a number of Indigenous kids. I think there were a number of tricky situations, but they did provide a much better environment for them.

Another couple from church also had two kids and ended up taking in two of her sister's kids (they were willing to take in all 5 of them but some wanted to stay in the city, so lived with their grandmother) after their parents had them taken away. I think it did the youngest two (the ones they had with them) wonders, but apparently their dad's been trying to stir up trouble with the youngest one who's still here (she's 16 now).

Reactions: LividJay

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oh, and forgot to add... it did take several years and also, the biological mother tried fighting it in court, but they won, thankfully. Better off for those children.
How much did it cost? I looked into it briefly and it seems like such a massive cost. I would love to adopt siblings so they have each other. I would imagine it is harder and more of a hassle though. I am glad they won!

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
How much did it cost? I looked into it briefly and it seems like such a massive cost. I would love to adopt siblings so they have each other. I would imagine it is harder and more of a hassle though. I am glad they won!
Honestly, I have no idea, though am aware there can be quite a cost associated.

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Honestly, I have no idea, though am aware there can be quite a cost associated.
It shouldn't been this expensive. Like if they legit want to help kids. I get making it pricey cause you don't want some jackass to just walk in and adopt a kid and abuse it but they really need to fix this system. It still bothers me that black children are way cheaper to adopt too and no one ever talks about. People in this country bitch about racism but no one ever wants to talk about that.

• Friendly
Reactions: LividJay

Giga Hertz

Super Saiyan God
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what: