2020 US Presidential Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Let me be clear, I'm not an activist for the cause and I don't have a dog in that race. That being said, I whole heartedly believe that gay and lesbian couples should have the right to be blissfully miserable just like the rest of us married folks. :ROFLMAO: Be careful what you wish for because when you get a divorce they'll take everything!!!
I'll do what now?
:b12:

• Funny
Reactions: India Actual

Jay

XOF
Admin
Let me be clear, I'm not an activist for the cause and I don't have a dog in that race. That being said, I whole heartedly believe that gay and lesbian couples should have the right to be blissfully miserable just like the rest of us married folks. :ROFLMAO: Be careful what you wish for because when you get a divorce they'll take everything!!!

Sure, but I won't recognize it as a marriage because it just isn't that. Civil partnerships were fine as it gave them the same privileges as married couples. Why they fought for marriage rights is beyond me. You either don't follow Christianity, in which case why do you want marriage over civil partnership? Or you do follow and know that marriage is explicitly between a man and a woman and are willing to go against the Bible you claim to believe in.

giphy.gif

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I was actually remembering things my own darling Mrs. India Actual said to me when we got married. No reason to get flustered. Jay, come get your cat. :sneaky:
She'll take your nuts if you divorce her, huh? :haha:

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Sure, but I won't recognize it as a marriage because it just isn't that. Civil partnerships were fine as it gave them the same privileges as married couples. Why they fought for marriage rights is beyond me. You either don't follow Christianity, in which case why do you want marriage over civil partnership? Or you do follow and know that marriage is explicitly between a man and a woman and are willing to go against the Bible you claim to believe in.

giphy.gif
I'm a severely lapsed Catholic who gave up on the church because of all the abuse and the evil stuff I've seen in the world. While I did have a religious ceremony myself and I still hold my own beliefs, I'm more speaking to the legal definition so you're right that civil union would be more appropriate. If the couple is religious themselves then they can see it however they want.

Jay

XOF
Admin
I'm a severely lapsed Catholic who gave up on the church because of all the abuse and the evil stuff I've seen in the world. While I did have a religious ceremony myself and I still hold my own beliefs, I'm more speaking to the legal definition so you're right that civil union would be more appropriate.

Not a fan of Catholicism either.

If the couple is religious themselves then they can see it however they want.

Therein lies the problem. Not liking a certain part of the Bible and ignoring it.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I am sure this is not the case for all Catholics, but in my experience, traditional Catholics have a way of putting people off from God. Happened to me. Used to go to PSR classes, told my mom they were making me hate God and she never made me go back.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I am sure this is not the case for all Catholics, but in my experience, traditional Catholics have a way of putting people off from God. Happened to me. Used to go to PSR classes, told my mom they were making me hate God and she never made me go back.
It's all I've ever known and I have a very religious mother who sent me to private school which was in the diocese. I guess when I was in the military I started to rebel from church doctrine a little bit but when I started my career in law enforcement and saw all the horrendously, mind numbing things humanity had to offer then I left it all behind because it gave me no comfort. Maybe some day I'll resume my Christian faith and definitely not in the Catholic church, but only time will tell.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
It's all I've ever known and I have a very religious mother who sent me to private school which was in the diocese. I guess when I was in the military I started to rebel from church doctrine a little bit but when I started my career in law enforcement and saw all the horrendously, mind numbing things humanity had to offer then I left it all behind because it gave me no comfort. Maybe some day I'll resume my Christian faith and definitely not in the Catholic church, but only time will tell.
Trust me, I get being put off by it. Catholic Italians will do you in. lol

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Trust me, I get being put off by it. Catholic Italians will do you in. lol
I know where you're coming from because the town I grew up in was almost entirely all Poles and Italians. Part of my extended family is Italian because it's all Catholics do is find other Catholics to marry. It's why you have interesting mixes of people in the world today like my people and Haitians. Look it up, it's a thing.

Carnotaurus

Roar!
Super Saiyan
Therein lies the problem. Not liking a certain part of the Bible and ignoring it.

How many people today, even religious, literally follow 100% what the Bible says? And how many do know 100% what is in the Bible?

And why does a civilisation as advanced as today, follow mot-a-mot what a thousands-years old manuscript tells?

And how come big cults today still find ok to discriminate certain minorities, just because certain books written by people who didn't have the knowledge we have today, thought it's ok to do so?

Would it be OK to rule out people from your religion based on race, gender or other religions? If not then why is it ok based on sexual orientation? You cannot be born gay (which wasn't your choice in the first place) and have faith in God at the same time?

We can adapt today's trends on today's discoveries and today's needs. If not, religion will continue to be toxic.

P.S. Even Pope is gay friendly so what's other people's excuse?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay

Jay

XOF
Admin
How many people today, even religious, literally follow 100% what the Bible says? And how many do know 100% what is in the Bible?

Many try, but it's not easy.

And why does a civilisation as advanced as today, follow mot-a-mot what a thousands-years old manuscript tells?

The better question is why not? Why does age invalidate anything?

And how come big cults today still find ok to discriminate certain minorities, just because certain books written by people who didn't have the knowledge we have today, thought it's ok to do so?

No idea. I'm not a member of a cult nor do I look into them.

Would it be OK to rule out people from your religion based on race, gender or other religions? If not then why is it ok based on sexual orientation? You cannot be born gay (which wasn't your choice in the first place) and have faith in God at the same time?

No, and I believe Islam is the only one to do so. Nobody is excluded from Christianity.

We can adapt today's trends on today's discoveries and today's needs. If not, religion will continue to be toxic.

Not my experience. The fundamental needs of people have always been the same.

P.S. Even Pope is gay friendly so what's other people's excuse?

The pope is nobody to me. Like Catholicism, he cherry-picks the Bible and changes things to his liking.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
This hits home for me because it's 100% true

View attachment 1950
My niece was going to be a cop. She had her heart on it and mind made up about it. This was a few years ago, right around the time this crap started getting out of hand with people wanting to kill cops and hunt them down. She changed her mind. Sadly, she is working at McDonald's now and has no aspirations in life. It is sad.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Also, Pelosi said she will quit if Trump wins. Good, f*** that old hag. Keeping people from getting their stimulus checks when they need them to buy things they need like oh, I don't know, food for their families. And she says Trump doesn't care. Clearly, she is the one who doesn't give a shit about any of us. He at least wants to get people money to help them get by, she keeps preventing it because being opposite to what Trump says or does is more important than making sure people can buy food to eat. What a piece of shit she is.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Also, Pelosi said she will quit if Trump wins. Good, f*** that old hag. Keeping people from getting their stimulus checks when they need them to buy things they need like oh, I don't know, food for their families. And she says Trump doesn't care. Clearly, she is the one who doesn't give a shit about any of us. He at least wants to get people money to help them get by, she keeps preventing it because being opposite to what Trump says or does is more important than making sure people can buy food to eat. What a piece of shit she is.
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this 25th Amendment committee she wants to form seems awfully suspicious given the fact that their guy is nearing 78 years old and not all there.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this 25th Amendment committee she wants to form seems awfully suspicious given the fact that their guy is nearing 78 years old and not all there.
Screw it, I'm a tin hat. They are evil bastards that worship the devil.

• Funny
Status
Not open for further replies.