News The George Floyd Minneapolis Riot

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I thought I would share this. The owner of this sports bar was crying in a video, I remember seeing it. The man's business was destroyed because of the riot but people came together and literally out-funded themselves to help this man and his family. Check out their goal for the fund and what was raised.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scores-bar-mpls-riot-rebuild
More than 10 times the goal. No one in the world should ever say Americans aren't giving because I feel we're the most giving people on the planet when it comes to our neighbors.

• Agree
Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
The man shouldn't have been killed but wtf? How was he not in prison over this still?
You are not a man if you beat a woman, you are a coward and a piece of shit.
The media only seems to care about women's lives and Hispanic lives when it fits the narative I guess...

dxgfdxg.png

And did you know Color of Change among other fundraisers who go through ActBlue are directly lining the pockets of wealthy old white men like Biden and Sanders? Yeah, 98% of the donations go into democrat pockets which do NOTHING for black communities or innercity ghettos. If you want to help or donate, do it locally and know where your money is going.

I am at a legit loss for words. If someone says anything about either of these things, they will just get labeled racist.

I'm legit done.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Oh hey guys! Want to start a revolution where we openly call for the execution of everyone who opposes us or doesn't get on board with our cause? Yeah? Great!

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Oh hey guys! Want to start a revolution where we openly call for the execution of everyone who opposes us or doesn't get on board with our cause? Yeah? Great!

There is an easy solution for this, though I would likely look more like a villain for pointing it out.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
...so now will the protestors take issue with this? In Phoenix a man (identity withheld along with his race, etc.) was wielding a knife and threatening people in a store and then in the parking lot of said store. An officer arrived and ordered him to drop the knife, at which point he ran at and subsequently chased her around her patrol vehicle. At this point, she retrieved, aimed and fired her service weapon, disabling the man and achieving a level of safety for herself and bystanders in the parking lot. The suspect is alive, but in critical condition, and her life was clearly in danger when he charged. I consider that a justified use of force...but how will protestors treat this?

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
...so now will the protestors take issue with this? In Phoenix a man (identity withheld along with his race, etc.) was wielding a knife and threatening people in a store and then in the parking lot of said store. An officer arrived and ordered him to drop the knife, at which point he ran at and subsequently chased her around her patrol vehicle. At this point, she retrieved, aimed and fired her service weapon, disabling the man and achieving a level of safety for herself and bystanders in the parking lot. The suspect is alive, but in critical condition, and her life was clearly in danger when he charged. I consider that a justified use of force...but how will protestors treat this?

That is without question justifiable lethal force. He was an imminent threat.

New issue being the situation in Atlanta with Rayshard Brooks. Yes, he did escalate the situation and fight the officers. Yes, he did strip a taser from one of them. He then attempted to flee. It becomes situationally murky how much of an imminent threat he was when he tried to fire the taser at the officer. They only have a 15ft range and one set of barbs per cartridge. It will have to be looked at very, very closely second by second of how the shooting unfolded to rule it justifiable or not.

Shooting fleeing felons unless they pose an imminent threat or are a violent offender like someone you have firsthand knowledge that committed murder, thereby articulating they’re a threat to public safety is against the Supreme court decision in Tennessee v. Garner. The actual use of force would be looked at under the auspices of Graham v. Connor under the reasonability test. Also known as the Core Graham Factors. Crime severity, Level of resistance, Imminence of Threat, and finally was the suspect fleeing? Courts used this test to weigh use of force under 4th amendment grounds. Because technically if a gov’t actor shoots you, for the purposes of constitutional rights, you are considered seized by the gov’t. Hence, why it’s looked at under the 4th. Before Graham they used to look at it under 8th amendment as cruel and unusual punishment but you had to prove state of mind which is near impossible. So there you go. I hope you just enjoyed your brief master class on criminal justice and Supreme court precedent.

Neo Xeron

Saiyan Grunt
I didn't read all 8 pages of this thread so this may have been shared already.

Check out Anonymous message to MPD if you haven't already seen it.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
That is without question justifiable lethal force. He was an imminent threat.

New issue being the situation in Atlanta with Rayshard Brooks. Yes, he did escalate the situation and fight the officers. Yes, he did strip a taser from one of them. He then attempted to flee. It becomes situationally murky how much of an imminent threat he was when he tried to fire the taser at the officer. They only have a 15ft range and one set of barbs per cartridge. It will have to be looked at very, very closely second by second of how the shooting unfolded to rule it justifiable or not.

Shooting fleeing felons unless they pose an imminent threat or are a violent offender like someone you have firsthand knowledge that committed murder, thereby articulating they’re a threat to public safety is against the Supreme court decision in Tennessee v. Garner. The actual use of force would be looked at under the auspices of Graham v. Connor under the reasonability test. Also known as the Core Graham Factors. Crime severity, Level of resistance, Imminence of Threat, and finally was the suspect fleeing? Courts used this test to weigh use of force under 4th amendment grounds. Because technically if a gov’t actor shoots you, for the purposes of constitutional rights, you are considered seized by the gov’t. Hence, why it’s looked at under the 4th. Before Graham they used to look at it under 8th amendment as cruel and unusual punishment but you had to prove state of mind which is near impossible. So there you go. I hope you just enjoyed your brief master class on criminal justice and Supreme court precedent.

I know that legally it's a justifiable shooting, I'm just wondering if this will somehow be twisted into another "police shooting" incident.

As for the Rayshard Brooks incident, that one is so murky. He was combative and he was resisting the officers, but...he was just a drunk man fleeing from their perspective. So, taser or not, it's hard to justify shooting someone in that scenario, IMO.

I do indeed appreciate the insights from a legal perspective! Didn't know quite a bit of that!

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I know that legally it's a justifiable shooting, I'm just wondering if this will somehow be twisted into another "police shooting" incident.

As for the Rayshard Brooks incident, that one is so murky. He was combative and he was resisting the officers, but...he was just a drunk man fleeing from their perspective. So, taser or not, it's hard to justify shooting someone in that scenario, IMO.

I do indeed appreciate the insights from a legal perspective! Didn't know quite a bit of that!
It all depends on when the officer pulled the trigger. If he aimed that taser and the officer shot him then it's justifiable homicide. If he shot him while he was deploying the taser then it is also justifiable homicide. If the officer pulled the trigger on him after the taser deployed then it's not a good shoot because there was no imminent threat.

Now let me clear something up for the folks who might have a murky confusion about what taser is and isn't. Yes, it is a weapon. It's a less than lethal device. Not non-lethal. Anything considered a weapon can be lethal. IF Mr. Brooks deployed that taser to good effect on that officer then his body would be immobilized. His sidearm would be ripe for the picking. It also could have just been his intention to tase the officer so he could make a clean get away. What matters is that he intended to use the weapon against the officer. Not necessarily how, how is an after thought. You have to put yourself in the moment, would you as a reasonable person have fear of great bodily harm or death as a peace officer in pursuit of a violent felon? All the other facts were proven by the video. Was he a suspected felon? Yes, because of the DUI. Now compound that with the assault on the officers, the resisting with violence, and the eluding/evasion charges that come with him fleeing a lawful arrest. His level of resistance was violent because he was rolling around with two officers like sex on the beach, seized one of their weapons, and punched one of them in the face. You've sufficiently determined Crime severity, Level of resistance, and Imminence of Threat by him attempting to deploy the taser against the officer, he was a fleeing suspect, but he wasn't simply fleeing because of the threat posed by him attempting to deploy or actually deploying the taser, I don't know if he pulled the trigger or not, I think he did but it wasn't a good deployment. Not 100% on that fact. So like I said earlier, it really comes down to second by second in the course of that incident. Did the officer shoot him before or during the taser deployment while he was a threat? That's the million dollar question. If he did it even a second after then window to use lethal force was closed because he was no longer a threat and assumes the role of a fleeing suspect.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
The man shouldn't have been killed but wtf? How was he not in prison over this still?
You are not a man if you beat a woman, you are a coward and a piece of shit.
The media only seems to care about women's lives and Hispanic lives when it fits the narative I guess...

View attachment 1120

And did you know Color of Change among other fundraisers who go through ActBlue are directly lining the pockets of wealthy old white men like Biden and Sanders? Yeah, 98% of the donations go into democrat pockets which do NOTHING for black communities or innercity ghettos. If you want to help or donate, do it locally and know where your money is going.

I am at a legit loss for words. If someone says anything about either of these things, they will just get labeled racist.

I'm legit done.
Apparently the photo is mis-captioned: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is-this-really-aracely-henriquez/

• Informative

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
Leave it to people to try to start crap by fabricated stories and lies. I fell for it like a big dumb too. lol

The donating stuff still seems to be factual though which is sad. They shouldn't be pulling money away from communities. This is why I only ever donate locally.
What bothers me is people are glorifying a known criminal. No, he shouldn't have been murdered. But as Obe wan Kenobi would say:
kenobi1.jpg

This is not the martyr you're looking for.

• Agree

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I personally take issue with Pelosi giving his brother a burial flag. In one single action, she just slapped every living and buried veteran in the face and essentially told them that this honored symbol that should be earned through commitment and self-sacrifice to our country is truly meaningless. He's not a martyr, he's a victim. Let's get our facts straight.

• Agree
Reactions: LividJay
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000: