Viral outbreak

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God
People in North America are not changing their habits and that goes from Canada all the way down to Mexico. They're acting like this whole thing will just blow over and it won't unless we work together.
I think that's a blanket statement. I have my entire team working from home right now. There are people all around me adapting to this change. Schools are looking into online learning solutions, etc. I think a lot is being done to deal with this. Granted...there's definitely the super selfish that tried capitalizing on all this as well as those who tried to hoard supplies. But apart from that, I think smaller communities are doing their best to support each other...and that really adds up.

Reactions: Beerus

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
People in North America are not changing their habits and that goes from Canada all the way down to Mexico. They're acting like this whole thing will just blow over and it won't unless we work together.
People around here aren't given a choice though cause places are being closed daily. So you either stay home, go to the store, or go to the hospital. Nothing else for people to do. They are trying to keep people home but then you have idiots going out for spring break... I swear that one popping up in memes must be named Kyle.

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
People around here aren't given a choice though cause places are being closed daily. So you either stay home, go to the store, or go to the hospital. Nothing else for people to do. They are trying to keep people home but then you have idiots going out for spring break... I swear that one popping up in memes must be named Kyle.
Close his name is Brady which makes complete sense in a weird way. All bars and restaurants here are closed. You can order take-out or delivery. Luckily, I'm in a place where I can UberEats alcohol to my place so I'll be fine. I want to scream out my window at people I see in the park across the street, "GET THE F*** BACK INSIDE ASSHOLES!"

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
dfsdg.png

I don't understand why they are letting this happen. Just close the beaches.
Most of them are probably drunk, just tell them there is free beer and condoms a mile down the road.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach agreed to postpone the Tokyo Games until no later than the summer of 2021, according to a tweet from the prime minister's office.

Poor Goku

:go36:

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I wanted to give a bit of an update since I have family that works in hospitals. Nothing out of the ordinary is happening. If anything, they have been slow. There was a jump of people coming in from panic but now the panic is over, the hospitals are actually slower than normal. Seems odd to me.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
I'd attribute that to more people staying home and therefore staying away from hospitals for anything not directly related to covid-19, which is good and bad and entirely related to the level of paranoia built up around the disease ("no, I don't want to go to the hospital, that's where everyone with symptoms of it is going!"). I was at a hospital very recently myself for issues I have with my legs, and it turned out I needed to be admitted for my own issues, spent two and half days there, and while there were measures in place to keep contact to a minimum (all nurses and doctors wore gloves and masks and certain patients required full coverings (gloves, masks, face shields, protective gowns/coverings)), the staff themselves were very relaxed about the whole situation. They dealt with me as normal, dealt with the other people in the ward I was in (which was a ward that deals with infectious diseases and wounds, I should point out, since that's what I was there for) completely normally, and when I talked with them openly about my own concerns most agreed that there was a level of paranoia behind everything that just is not warranted with this. Is there a disease going around? Absolutely. Is that disease causing deaths? Absolutely, but the recovery rate for that same disease is creeping higher every day. It's at, what? 90% recovery rate right now? There should be a vaccine soon enough, they're certainly working towards one rapidly, and if most cases diagnosed are asymptomatic or mild to the point of recovery easily, then all people need to consider is how to keep themselves occupied until this works itself out.

Stop the mass media paranoia, that just sends people off the deep end and promotes the panic buying and "the end is near!" mentality that started all of this in the first place. Misinformation is spreading like wildfire the second it gets tweeted, printed or spoken on the news, and that includes his Trumpness with his fake science tweets. If that stopped, and proper information got out there (like don't make your own hand sanitizer and hope that's enough to keep you safe, because it's not) then calm and rational mentalities would prevail.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
like don't make your own hand sanitizer and hope that's enough to keep you safe, because it's not
The only one that is effective is the same one I used when I worked at a vet clinic and that is rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. Both are safer and more effective against a lot bacteria, viruses, parasites and general germs. The only down side is that they are drying to use on skin several times a day.

I am very pro-holistic care when it is done right. While vitamin C, fresh air, and good sleep is enough for most people others who are on loads of medication and have compromised immune systems will need extra care with a medical doctor. That is the trouble with this kind of stuff. Not everyone is the same height, weight, age, eating the same diet, doing the same exercise, sleeping the same amount, or taking to same meds. You can't treat people as a collective unit, you have to focus on individual needs and I hope people in both mainstream medicine and holistic care realize this as well as every day people reading stuff on Facebook.

My own mother is in such a panic she is convinced that if she gets this virus she will die. I hardly ever see her sick and she has a better immune system, all things considered, than a lot of people half her age. There is no talking to someone though when they are in a constant state of fear.

Super Kami Guru

Head Maid
Legendary Saiyan
The only one that is effective is the same one I used when I worked at a vet clinic and that is rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. Both are safer and more effective against a lot bacteria, viruses, parasites and general germs. The only down side is that they are drying to use on skin several times a day.

I am very pro-holistic care when it is done right. While vitamin C, fresh air, and good sleep is enough for most people others who are on loads of medication and have compromised immune systems will need extra care with a medical doctor. That is the trouble with this kind of stuff. Not everyone is the same height, weight, age, eating the same diet, doing the same exercise, sleeping the same amount, or taking to same meds. You can't treat people as a collective unit, you have to focus on individual needs and I hope people in both mainstream medicine and holistic care realize this as well as every day people reading stuff on Facebook.

My own mother is in such a panic she is convinced that if she gets this virus she will die. I hardly ever see her sick and she has a better immune system, all things considered, than a lot of people half her age. There is no talking to someone though when they are in a constant state of fear.

Isopropyl alcohol is something I've been making use of quite a bit, myself. I keep a vast supply of alcohol swabs around because I'm diabetic and need them for sugar checks and when changing out my insulin pump supplies, so I've just also been keeping them as hand wipes every now and then, as well. They're 70% rubbing alcohol, so I'm confident in them destroying bacteria. They do dry the skin, though, that's for sure.

The panic is what's horrible about the whole thing, we've got people sitting around with nothing to do but read whatever goes around on the internet about this and it develops into conspiracy theories, panic stories and increased paranoia that they then spread to everyone else that they can. It's understandable people want information when they're stuck waiting for something like this to pass, but spreading fear and misinformation just makes people terrified and accomplishes nothing. I've got family members who are absolutely terrified and it's difficult to reason with them because they've convinced themselves it's a case of "catch it and die" when the truth is far different from that. How to counter that level of paranoia is a bit beyond me, I guess, but it is definitely doing far more damage than the actual virus.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Isopropyl alcohol is something I've been making use of quite a bit, myself. I keep a vast supply of alcohol swabs around because I'm diabetic and need them for sugar checks and when changing out my insulin pump supplies, so I've just also been keeping them as hand wipes every now and then, as well. They're 70% rubbing alcohol, so I'm confident in them destroying bacteria. They do dry the skin, though, that's for sure.

The panic is what's horrible about the whole thing, we've got people sitting around with nothing to do but read whatever goes around on the internet about this and it develops into conspiracy theories, panic stories and increased paranoia that they then spread to everyone else that they can. It's understandable people want information when they're stuck waiting for something like this to pass, but spreading fear and misinformation just makes people terrified and accomplishes nothing. I've got family members who are absolutely terrified and it's difficult to reason with them because they've convinced themselves it's a case of "catch it and die" when the truth is far different from that. How to counter that level of paranoia is a bit beyond me, I guess, but it is definitely doing far more damage than the actual virus.

It seems like the older folks who grew up glued to their TV and watching the news are in the most panicked state of mind. My dad is not worried one bit but my mother is the polar opposite. Both watch the news daily but my dad can tune a lot of things out thanks to his beer consumption (lol). The first wave of panic is still overriding what people are being told now and it is very simple, just stay home and keep your hands clean. Like my mom is doing everything right yet still is panicking and she can't not watch the news for one day. I believe that my anxiety and panic attacks is a learned behavior from watching her do this stuff growing up. I can get bad at times but I don't dwell on stuff 24/7 like she does. It is sad to see her like this really.

I'm glad you are staying levelheaded and taking care of yourself.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Whelp, it will be getting worse where I am. They are going to start limiting people in stores. If you have to go to the store, there is a good chance you will be standing in a line for an hour or longer. This makes 0 sense to me because you are going to be forcing people to stand in close contact to each other waiting to shop. That and the stores hours are being reduced. So people won't be able to just go to a store and grab a few things and get right back home, they will likely need to plan to be out for up to 3 hours, if not longer.

What a mess...

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
Helluva lot of inconsistency here. If I go into the center of town it looks like 28 Days Later. Stores are boarded up to prevent people from breaking in and stealing stuff. Then on sunny days you go near any park in the city and people are playing around. Wtf?! I live in the Twilight Zone.

• Agree

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
Helluva lot of inconsistency here. If I go into the center of town it looks like 28 Days Later. Stores are boarded up to prevent people from breaking in and stealing stuff. Then on sunny days you go near any park in the city and people are playing around. Wtf?! I live in the Twilight Zone.
Yeah I am in Ohio and people are out riding bikes, walking their dogs and what not. It is like a freaking bizarre world man.

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
I saw some people are having a fit because they stopped offering abortions to women in Ohio and Texas because they need the medical equipment and focus to be for medical emergencies.

Someone needs to start a campaign like... Keep Em Closed For COVID (i.e. your legs).

• Funny
Reactions: India Actual

India Actual

Super Civil Servant Blue
Super Saiyan Blue
I saw some people are having a fit because they stopped offering abortions to women in Ohio and Texas because they need the medical equipment and focus to be for medical emergencies.

Someone needs to start a campaign like... Keep Em Closed For COVID (i.e. your legs).
🤫 Don’t say that too loud or the SJW alphabet people here in B.C. will hear you and call you a Nazi. 😂

• Funny

Beerus

•🅷•🅰•🅺•🅰•🅸•
Admin
🤫 Don’t say that too loud or the SJW alphabet people here in B.C. will hear you and call you a Nazi. 😂
I'm pro life so I am already a nazi. lol

I won't stand in a woman's way of getting an abortion but I don't agree with it. I am more of the belief of mental and emotional support because even for me, the thought of having a child is terrifying so I understand it. Not to say I don't want kids one day, just not when my anxiety is all over the place and my husband and I aren't financially stable. I feel like most women who seek out abortions feel there aren't any other options for them and many of them are not in committed relationships or financial stable either. So it is a tricky subject to say the least. I am not in the middle but I am not on either side of the fence. I don't know where I belong but seemingly, a huge group of people will put be with the sexist nazis. I just ignore them though.

LividJay

Meh
Super Saiyan God

Attachments

• IMG_20200405_222849.jpg
    IMG_20200405_222849.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 84
  • :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes: